Every once in awhile it’s important we take a break from daily stress, work, routine and everything else that composes our hectic lives. Believe it or not it’s super easy to forget to give yourself a break…you get caught up in everything going on in your life and trying to better yourself, that you lose focus and forget that treating yourself should be a part of bettering yourself. Yupp…that was me. I graduated college and didn’t celebrate, not a party, vacation or even a shopping spree. I was too focused on moving on to the next phase of my life, (I felt behind schedule) that I forgot to enjoy the moment and celebrate my accomplishments.
So I graduated, struggled, and finally landed my first full time job. Months later, my friend asked me if I wanted to go to Cancun for her Birthday… I somehow snapped out of it. I thought about the last time I left the country…Study Abroad Fall 2012 to Brussels, Belgium…it’s 2015! Yea, I was going!
I’m telling you, when you put your mind into something and you are determined to make it happen…it happens…because in the next few weeks I was off to Cancun, Mexico.
Four and a half days in Cancun, Mexico.
I can sit here and write stories but instead I’ll give a list of highlights:
- We swam with dolphins (Solomon and Sydney.) Why they chose to name a dolphin Solomon? Who knows.
- We went to an island, “Isla de las Mujeres” – the Island of Women, where we did most of our souvenir shopping. We also spent most of our time there looking for our friends who we lost… we shall keep that story in Cancun.
- On our way to the island we snorkeled! SUPER PROUD OF MYSELF! because I can’t swim.
- We went out to the clubs and got VIP all night! YES to us!
- We ate authentic Mexican Quesadillas.
- We met a bunch of Canadians.
- We ate at almost every restaurant in the resort.
- We took the local bus more than once and experienced Mexican cockroaches… bugs suck in every country! Wish I took a picture of my friend literally standing on her seat the entire bus ride to the hotel!
- I sang with a Mariachi!! I must say that was a dream come true!
- Took tequila shots!
Overall, it was a good trip! Just like any vacation with your girls we had our moments but in the end it was money well spent! I can’t say I’m pressed to return but maybe one day Cancun and I will meet again.