Today, I was surprised and was taken wine and cheese tasting at Crossing Vineyards in Washington Crossing, PA. Everyone who really knows me knows how much I LOVE cheese and how badly I’ve always wanted to do this. It was an amazing experience.We had crackers and five types of cheeses:
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Pepato Cheese
- Dill Havarti Cheese
- Manchego Cheese
We tasted about 10 to 14 wines…I honestly lost count.
Here are the notes I took on the different pairings and the wines themselves:
- Dill Havarti cheese pairs up with Sauvignon Blanc and Viognier
- Chardonnay doesn’t really pair off with any cheeses
- Vidal Blanc goes well with Sushi
- Pepper Jack cheese pairs up with Riesling *Riesling is also good with spicy food*
- Manchego cheese pairs up with Merlot *Merlot is also good with Pizza due to the Marinara sauce*
- Rosé is really good
- Cheddar cheese pairs up with Cabernet Sauvignon
- Cabernet Franc is very smooth and delicious
- Pepato cheese pairs up with Chambourcin Reserve
- Peach wine exist!!! (Blew my mind away!)
- Wild-berry wine is good with cheese cake and duck
- Chocolate Cherry Truffle wine really tastes like chocolate and is it absolutely delicious!
After the wine and cheese tasting we had a small tour of the vineyard. It was beautiful. There’s nothing like a great scenery.
Grapes growing (not quite ready yet.)
I was honestly in awe at how peaceful everything looked.
During the tour we got a brief history of the vineyard. I even learned that the owner of the vineyard was the man that complimented my curly hair during the wine and cheese tasting. I was extremely flattered being that I’ve been struggling with my hair.
Overall, I had a great time and wine tasting was everything I expected and more. I even learned that I’m more of a white wine type of girl unless I’m drinking Sangria, which comes to show that with every experience we learn something new about ourselves, doesn’t matter how small or big the detail is.